Friday 8 June 2012

I am a teacher and my name is - Lesley

Welcome to Native American Images – where the focus is on historical images of Native American culture. This site is for anyone interested in seeing a collection of images of Native Americans and learning a little about them and their beliefs, life style and customs.
english blogger Introduction - My name is Lesley and I love history. I am a teacher and live in Australia with my husband and 5 children. I have been interested in native american traditions, life style and
history for over 30 years. When I went to University one of the topics I chose to study, Ancient History, sparked my interest in the stories of Native Americans such as Black Elk and Crazy Horse. I began reading many books * about these fascinating, proud and wise people. This led to an interest in all things connected with their culture and their connection to the earth: I built a teepee with some friends, camped out doors and even made some moccasins ! I started it in 2011 mainly because I wanted to keep a record of all the amazing images that are scattered around the web in the public domain. Lesley ’ blog - NAI ( click here )
Since then I’ve added over 40  articles and photos to the archives
here. If you would like more information please get in touch with me through my contact form, below.
Please stay in touch with what Native American Images is up to through one of the subscription methods: follow by email or follow by Google Friend Connect.
I hope you enjoy Native American Images
I have read many books about these remarkable people including:
Black Elk Speaks . Buckskin Brigades . Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee .
Children of Clay (Pueblo)
Crazy Horse : the strange man of the Oglalas : a biography by Mari Sandoz .Dog People by Abenaki writer Joseph Bruchac . Ghost Warrior . Indians of the Plains by Robert Harry Lowie . Sundancing: The Great Sioux Piercing Ceremony by Thomas E. Mails Tipi: Home of the Nomadic Buffalo Hunters . In the Spirit of Crazy Horse
ALL OF THESE BOOKS CAN BE REVIEWED & PURCHASED AT MY STORE.

आवश्यक सूचना

इस ब्लाग में जनहितार्थ बहुत सामग्री अन्य बेवपेज से भी प्रकाशित की गयी है, जो अक्सर फ़ेसबुक जैसी सोशल साइट पर साझा हुयी हो । अतः अक्सर मूल लेखक का नाम या लिंक कभी पता नहीं होता । ऐसे में किसी को कोई आपत्ति हो तो कृपया सूचित करें । उचित कार्यवाही कर दी जायेगी ।